Commercial Driving School
70 Pembroke Road  Suite 3, Concord, NH. 03301                                                                        Call Us at (603) 715-2559

CDL-A       CDL-B







NH Works / WIOA                           Massachusetts Unemployment Veteran's Administration - GI Bill Vocational Rehabilitation             FEMA          

MEMBERS OF:                     

CONCORD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ADTSEA                            NHDETA                                             NHMTA                                                NETSEA  


Welcome to New Hampshire's ONLY private                 FULL SERVICE Driver Education School !

CDS is currently hiring CDL-A Instructors.           Details, call (603) 715-2559

If you are looking for a career change, lost your job or have always wanted to drive large trucks - then come in and see us.
The Transportation Industry is the second largest Industry to the Healthcare Industry.  The constant growth make this a rewarding career choice for people.
From Clothing, Food and Fuel - it all arrived by truck!  Come and join the team.
Be a Transportation Professional.
Commercial Driver Learner Permit 
The Commercial Driver Learner Permit is currently in use in NH as of July, 9, 2015.

Pursuant to New Hampshire laws RSA 263:88, and 263:25, Administrative Rule Saf-C 1810.01, and Federal law 49CFR 383.25, a Commercial Driver Learner Permit is provided to applicants who are applying for a Commercial Driver License (CDL), or who currently hold a CDL but wish to upgrade, or remove restriction.

The holder of a Commercial Driver Learner Permit may drive a commercial motor vehicle only when accompanied by a person 25 years of age or older who holds a Commercial Driver License for the type of vehicle driven, and who must occupy the seat immediately adjacent to the individual holding the permit. In the case of a school bus or motor coach, the CDL holder shall occupy the seat directly behind or in the first row behind the driver.

A Commercial Driver Learner Permit is valid for 180 days; however, it may be renewed one time as long as the required knowledge examinations were successfully completed within a one year period. If your knowledge examinations were taken more than one year ago, you must re-take the knowledge tests to be eligible for the renewed permit.

Eligible drivers may apply for a Commercial Driver Learner Permit in person at any DMV location.

To get a Commercial Driver Learner Permit, applicants must:

  • Hold a valid New Hampshire Driver License
  • Be at least 18 years of age
  • Have a valid medical card on file with the DMV
  • Bring a completed CDL Application
  • Pay the appropriate fees.
  • Successfully pass all applicable knowledge examinations

For more information, please call our school at 603-715-2559

Automobile  Course

New !         Get your Youth Operator or Operator License!

6 week course.

30 hours of Classroom  ( Tue, Wed, Thurs 6 - 8 pm )

10 hours of Driving  ( varies per student availability )

6  hours of Observation (ride along with other students)

Tuition  $ 575.00  ( due on first class - PARENT NIGHT )        we glady accept Cash, Check, CC, or Cashier's Check

PARENT NIGHT; The Monday before First Class Night.  Minimum one Parent or Guardian and the Student needed to participate. Your student's schedule availability will be placed on our form so that the instructor can make a feasible schedule. All your questions will be answered. Bring Birth certificate of student.

Classroom; 70 Pembroke Road, Concord, NH. 03301              All drive appointments Start and End at our school.              You must have transportation to get to and from these appointments.

*  *    2017  Schedule   *  *

April  4, 2017   to   May  11, 2017  Full

May  23, 2017  to  June  29, 2017  Full

June/July    TBA.


CDL classifications are based on the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the vehicle. The followinf class descriptions include a list of the minimum tests required to obtain that class of license in the State of New Hampshire.

  • Class A: Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
  • Testing required for a Class A license:
  • General Knowledge CDL written test.
  • Combination Vehicle written test.
  • Air Brakes written test.
  • Pre-Trip Inspection test, Off-Road Skills test and On-Road Skills test in a Class A vehicle.


  • Class B: Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
  • Testing required for a Class B license:
  • General Knowledge CDL written test.
  • Air Brakes written test.
  • Pre-Trip Inspection test, Off-Road Skills test and On-Road Skills test in a Class B vehicle.


  • Class C: Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, is required to be placarded for hazardous materials or meets the definition of a "tank" vehicle.
  • Testing required for a Class C license:
  • General Knowledge CDL written test.
  • Completion of the requirements for one of the following endorsements:
    • Passenger Endorsement.
    • Hazmat Endorsement.
    • Tank Endorsement.